Saturday, July 16, 2011

where to begin...

I may have approached this whole starting a baking-business-for-real out of order. I have a logo before I've registered the name. Before I even know if the name is available. Before I have even thought about a business plan. Probably not the best way to roll, but certainly indicative of my personality. Visuals are almost everything to me. I'm a sucker for packaging. If it meets my "pretty" criteria - sold! I forget that not everyone operates that way.

Backtrack.
  1. Research the name.
  2. Research the need and level of registration and what that means in terms of tax (income, GST, HST, PST - doesn't Revenue Canada every get exhausted with the number of ways they can tax us?)
  3. Sort out the phases and/or stages of my business plan
  4. find out what funding is available for start-up small businesses
What else? If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment