Monday, July 18, 2011

oooozing vs. chunky cookies...

oozing flat cookies

chunky cookies

oozing vs. chunky


Tonight I made breakfast cookies for the Bistro and my first batch spread and oozed like my post-baby belly in pre-baby jeans. Why does this happen? Perhaps the insane heat and humidity are taking a toll. It is, after all 80 degrees in my kitchen with the air conditioner on. I made them again and I melted the butter a wee bit first, added a little more flour and oats and all turned out well. The mysteries of baking.

Do you prefer the oozing flat cookies or the chunky ones?

Cranberry Almond Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ingredients:
Whole oats
Whole wheat flour
Unbleached flour
Wheat germ
Baking soda
Salt
Butter
Brown sugar
Eggs
Honey
Cranberries
Belgian dark chocolate
Sliced almonds

2 comments:

  1. Kristen - I found your blog! And now I plan to follow it! The Sugar logo looks great - very classy. From a fellow baker and childhood friend who's never made a batch of cookies that turned out the same way twice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Yolanda! I value your feedback, friend!

    ReplyDelete